The Red Hot Chilli Pipers
Per New York City’s guidance, Sony Hall is requiring all guests, staff & musicians ages 12+ to be fully vaccinated against Covid-19 to enter. Children ages 5 to 11 must have received at least one dose.
Proof of vaccination may include your physical CDC card, photo of your CDC card, NYC Covid Safe App, or the NYS Excelsior Pass.
In addition to the vaccination policy, New York City continues to encourage masks for all indoor gatherings, except while you are actively eating and drinking.
General Admission – Standing Room
• $35 Advance / $40 Day of Show
• Limited Seating Available First Come, First Served
VIP Side Wing Seating
• $65 Advance/ $70 Day of Show
• Includes Guaranteed Seating in Designated Section
• Full Dinner Menu Available
• All Ages
About Red Hot Chilli Pipers
Bagpipers who Rock!
“These are my boys!” exclaimed Sir PaulMcCartney after rocking out to a Chilli performance.
“Awesome!” said film star Ewen McGregor after he guested on drums with the Chillis
“Gotta get me some of that Red Hot Chilli Pipers! I WANT some!” tweeted actor Samuel Jackson after seeing the band perform on NBC in the summer of 2012
Bagpipes with attitude. Drums with a Scottish accent. A blazing rock band and show so hot, it carries its own health warning!
It’s Bagpipes. It’s Rock. It’s Bagrock. AC/DC meets the poet Robert Burns. Where rock anthems sit comfortably alongside the great tunes from the glens and the mountains of Scotland.
It’s The Red Hot Chilli PIPERS – (NOT the Peppers!) — a 9-piece ensemble consisting of pipers, guitarists, keyboards, and drummers — who have been rocking the world from New York to Beijing to Melbourne and everywhere in between with musicianship of the highest order and a passion for pipes that will leave you breathless. The band has four music degrees from the Royal Scottish Academy of Music and Drama and all the pipers and drummers have played at the top level in bagpiping.
Since they walked away with the top prize on the primetime TV talent show, “When Will I Be Famous” in the U.K. in 2007, the Red Hot Chilli Pipers haven’t stopped for a breath, other than to inflate their bagpipes! Formed in 2002, The Chillis have fast become a global phenomenon, taking their signature ‘Bagrock’ sound to the masses with their unique fusion of rocked up Bagpipes and clever covers of popular songs from all genres. Their trademarked sound is a unique fusion of traditional pipe tunes – like “The Flowers of Scotland”, “The Hills of Argyll”, and “Amazing Grace” (done Chilli-style, of course!) — and contemporary anthems like Queen’s “We Will Rock You”, “Clocks” by Coldplay, “Chasing Cars” by Snow Patrol, “Let Me Entertain You” by Robbie Williams, and a fantastic rock medley of “Deep Purple”, “Smoke on the Water”, and AC/DC’s “Thunderstruck”.
Fun facts about the Chillis:
- Over 2.5 million views on YouTube of their viral cover of the Avicci track ‘Wake Me Up’
- Gold record for over 100,000 UK sales of their first album “Bagrock to the Masses”
- Triple platinum album status for third album and DVD – “Blast Live”
- Awarded twice for “Best Live Act in Scotland”
- Sold out tours in the UK, USA, China Australia, New Zealand, Germany, Denmark, France, Spain, Belgium, Portugal, Ukraine, Dubai, Saudi Arabia, and India
- Regular performances for A-List showbiz, sports stars and royalty – including Ewan McGregor, Sir Paul McCartney, Gary Player, Samuel Jackson and Her Majesty the Queen
- Over 350,000 Facebook followers and a very active Twitter following of thousands of fans
The Chillis have never been more in demand for their infectious style of feel-good music which appeals right across the age range to people all over the world. Theirs are the very best musicians from Scotland and across the globe – many holding World Champion titles and all serious players with impressive credentials and qualifications. There has never been anything quite like The Red Hot Chilli Pipers. Feel the Chilli heat: It’s time to come closer to the fire!